On 2008-01-11 08:05+1100 Pacesie wrote:

If I want to generate document files as part of the build, should I first
create an ADD_CUSTOM_TARGET then have it depends on the generated files
defined by ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND? ( It would be nice if file generation can be
defined as a target so the extra step is not needed. )

You can generate the files by the appropriate custom target command, but that
will get executed for every "make" command so normally custom targets are
done without any associated command, and instead file depend on custom
commands (which are only run if the output file actually needs updating).

Do the targets always run by the order that they are defined in CMakeLists
(unless there are dependency) ? So that if I want to be sure a target is run
before all others, I define it first in CMakeLists?

If order is important between your various targets, enforce that with a
target dependency.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).