Zitat von Брюков Юрий <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Thanks Yuri and Alan.
  But I develop cross-platform application (for Linux and Windows now)
and it would be better if directory layout for my application will be
the same on both platform.

Actually better is a layout that can be adopted to the specific platform.
DLL and .so files are in totally different locations relative to the application binary.

Or in this case I also should try to follow the FHS for Linux platform?

That's non-sense.

  By the way, my application consists of some shared libraries and
executables files. And shared libraries should be placed in some
directory from the PATH.

Not on Linux, neither /lib/ nor /usr/lib are in PATH. And it is not strictly necessary to put libraries there. Sometime, rpath is actually useful, you know!

I suggest it require root privileges in
Linux. In result, `make install` command should be executed with root
access. If there any way to avoid this issue? Because in this case I
have the troubles described above.

"man ld.so" is your friend, look for LD_LIBRARY_PATH if you don't want to use rpath with $ORIGIN.

HS