I am using configure_file to copy files during the build process. I have a nested directory structure, that can be represented as:
/rootdir
  CMakeLists.txt
  /test
     CMakeLists.txt

When processing rootdir/test/CMakeLists.txt, I have the following:
get_filename_component( dir ${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_FILE} PATH )
configure_file( ${dir}/blessed.txt blessed.txt COPY_FILE )

The intention is to copy the file "blessed.txt" from the source tree to the build tree prior to running a regression test.

On Mac, this works as I intend it to. The file "blessed.txt" is copied to the "test" subdirectory in the build tree.

On Linux, "blessed.txt" is copied to the top-level directory in the build tree, NOT to the "test" subdirectory.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

James