Hi there,

I'm using CMake with SDCC. Currently, support for SDCC in CMake does not also
include dialects for its various assemblers. So I've created one, for the
asx8051 assembler. The problem is that the asx8051 assembler shows nonstandard
behavior, and does not let you arbitrarily name the output. Instead, if you
compile myfile.a51, it produces myfile.rel. No option to change that.

CMake tells the linker to then look for an output file named
<source_filename><CMAKE_ASM${ASM_DIALECT}_OUTPUT_EXTENSION>, which ends up
looking for myfile.a51.rel. I can add whatever arbitrary extension I want, but
I need to strip the .a51 from CMake's expected output filename so it knows to
look for myfile.rel. Should I create a custom command which moves myfile.rel to
myfile.a51.rel? It seems unnecessarily Byzantine. Is there an easier way?

Thanks,
Nick