Is this a library that has built successfully before with another build
system? Has this application been built successfully before?

For instances where the actual implementation is in the .h file, you usually
must make sure you #include that header file in a cpp in your own
application (the app linking against libraryname).  .h files are not
compiled on their own: when included in other cpp files, however, their
contents are compiled and available to that object file. My hunch is you
aren't #include-ing the .h files that contain these implementations.

Ryan

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 1:03 PM, David Doria <daviddo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to use ADD_LIBRARY to create a .lib file from a collection
> of .cpp and .h files.
>
> If I do:
> ADD_LIBRARY(LibraryName AllOfTheCPPFiles.cpp)
>
> and then try to link against that library, I get many missing-function
> type linker errors. I looked in the .h files and many of them have
> actual function definitions:
>
> (an example):
> class UdpTransmitSocket : public UdpSocket{
> public:
>        UdpTransmitSocket( const IpEndpointName& remoteEndpoint )
>                { Connect( remoteEndpoint ); }
> };
>
> I tried to tell CMake to compile the .h files into the library as well
> by doing this:
>
> set(CMAKE_CXX_SOURCE_FILE_EXTENSIONS ${CMAKE_CXX_SOURCE_FILE_EXTENSIONS} h)
> ADD_LIBRARY(LibraryName AllOfTheCPPFiles.cpp  AllOfTheHFiles.h)
>
> but it didn't seem to change anything. Is there a way this is typically
> handled?
>
> Thanks,
>
> David
> Powered by www.kitware.com