On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 2:06 PM, David Doria <daviddo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 1:35 PM, Michael Jackson
> <mike.jack...@bluequartz.net> wrote:
>> I think we used Qt as a basis because lots of people at the time were asking
>> for it. Probably the simplest to demonstrate would be an example that builds
>> a dynamic library and an executable that uses that library so therefor it
>> must be packaged with the executable. Were you wanting to write the example
>> or wondering if someone else has one?
>> Mike Jackson                      www.bluequartz.net
>
> I was wondering if someone else has one :) / encouraging it to be
> produced if it does not already exist. Unfortunately I can't dig into
> the code to write it myself.
>
> I think your suggestion of the VERY simplest case is a great one. If
> we had that as well as how to do it with another big library (VTK),
> this would hopefully be a much more usable tool.
>
> I think these would be good homes for them:
> http://cmake.org/Wiki/CMake/Examples/BundleUtilities/Simple
> http://cmake.org/Wiki/CMake/Examples/BundleUtilities/VTK
> http://cmake.org/Wiki/CMake/Examples/BundleUtilities/Qt
>
> David
> Powered by www.kitware.com

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

The Qt example is a great one to start with. It should be easy to
extend that to one that includes VTK.

CMake and ParaView are also Qt-based apps that use BundleUtilities to
build their installers.

Their open source code is available as an example as well, although
not as simple as "the simplest example."