> And *NEVER EVER* set CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX in your CMakeLists.txt file.
> That is a user-setting and you will make people angry at you if you
> override their choice in your code.

There is actually one single use-case where it might be useful to change this
variable once:
Say you have a library libFoo installed in /path/to/libfoo. Now you like to
have an add-on library.
You might want to normally install this library to the same location where the
base library is.
The CMake file here can set the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to /path/to/libfoo _once_.

(I actually hope that there will never be a real libFoo in the world... I like
to use the name in my mails)