On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 5:17 PM, KC Jones <kc.jo...@skype.net> wrote:
> [resending since the original seems to have never made it to the list.]
>
> I'm using ExternalProject_add in a script that builds various libraries I
> depend on, and I'm running into platform differences when attempting to
> download a source archive from a sourceforge URL.  Sounds like a bug to me.
> But I'm also guessing that sourceforge may be redirecting the URL get
> request, which may account for the problems on Linux -- and there may be
> better ways for me to get my task done.
>
> The following unexpurgated CMakeLists.txt works on Mac (10.6.4), but the
> download fails (0byte result)  on Linux (Ubuntu 10.04):
> ----------
> cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8)
>
> include(ExternalProject)
>
> ExternalProject_Add(
>  poco-1.3.6
>  PREFIX poco
>  URL
> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/poco/sources/poco-1.3.6/poco-1.3.6p2.tar.gz
>  CONFIGURE_COMMAND ../poco-1.3.6/configure --no-tests --no-samples
> --omit=Util,Net,Crypto,NetSSL_OpenSSL,Data,Data/SQLite,Data/ODBC,Data/MySQL,Zip
>  BUILD_COMMAND make
> )
> ----------
>
> Any words of wisdom for a cmake newbie?
>

> KC Jones
> kc.jo...@skype.net
> SkypeId: bernalkc

> Powered by www.kitware.com

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

What version of cmake are you using?
( 'cmake --version' and send us the output )

We added "follow redirect" flags to the file(DOWNLOAD command in this commit:
http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=ef491f78218e255339278656bf6dc26073fef264

...which first appeared in CMake 2.8.2.

If you're using 2.8.0 or 2.8.1, just upgrade to the latest version
(2.8.3) and it should work for you.

HTH,
David