On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 10:44 AM, Wojciech Migda <wojtek.g...@interia.pl> wrote:

> Użytkownik  napisał(a):
>> Subject: Re: [CMake] Simultaneous --build-and-test and CDash submission
>> To: "Wojciech Migda" ;
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 4:13 AM, Wojciech Migda  wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have unit tests configured for CDash submissions. Submissions do work if
>> > I issue in sequence TWO commands which go pretty much like this:
>> >
>> > # configure the build system
>> > ${CMAKE_ROOT}${CMAKE_BINDIR}/cmake .
>> > # build tests
>> > make clean ; make
>> > # run tests
>> > ${CMAKE_ROOT}${CMAKE_BINDIR}/ctest
>> >
>> > However, when doing that CDash shows useful results only for the test
>> > phase - build info is missing and configure info shows only 3 lines
>> > despite removal of CMakeCache.txt.
>> >
>> > So I attepmted using the build-and-test option. I would expect this to
>> > work:
>> >
>> > /vob/tetra/tools/CMake/bin_linux_x86_64/ctest -D Experimental
>> > --build-and-test . . --build-generator 'Unix Makefiles'
>> > --build-makeprogram `which clearmake`
>> >
>> > but it only builds and tests --- '-D' option seems to be ignored.
>> >
>> > I also tried this:
>> >
>> > /vob/tetra/tools/CMake/bin_linux_x86_64/ctest --build-and-test . .
>> > --build-generator 'Unix Makefiles' --build-makeprogram `which clearmake`
>> > --test-command ./test_command.sh
>> >
>> > where test_command.sh executes 'ctest -D Experimental' but although it
>> > submission is achieved the CDash contents is the same as with the original
>> > two commands.
>> >
>> > So my question is how to achieve CDash submission with 'scratch' configure
>> > info (just as if cmake was invoked on clean environment), build info
>> > (compilation warnings and such) and test results by issueing single
>> > command ?
>> >
>> > Thanks for help,
>> >
>> > Wojtek
>> >

>> > ----------------------------------------------
>> > Księgowa radzi: Jak załozyć firmę w 15 minut?
>> > http://linkint.pl/f2842

>> > Powered by www.kitware.com

>> > Please keep messages on-topic and check the CMake FAQ at:
>> > http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

>> How about this?
>>
>> # configure the build system
>> ${CMAKE_ROOT}${CMAKE_BINDIR}/cmake .
>> # run an Experimental dashboard
>> ${CMAKE_ROOT}${CMAKE_BINDIR}/ctest -D Experimental
>>
>> Running an Experimental dashboard should execute configure, build and
>> test steps and submit the results to the CDash server. The initial
>> configure is necessary to configure some of the files that ctest reads
>> to know, for example, where the CDash server is.
>>

>> HTH,
>> David
>
> Thank you David - I got the compilation warnings to appear in the CDash
> listing.
>
> In addition, can sth be done with the Configure Output ? In CDash it goes
> like this (all 3 lines):
>
> -- Configuring done
> -- Generating done
> [...]

You can do it all in one step with ctest, but you have to write a
ctest -S script, and call that... Inside it, you can do a "configure
from scratch" using the ctest_configure(...) command. Then you'll see
all the configure output submitted to the dashboard.

Poke around the wiki and the mailing list for ctest -S script
documentation. (Go with a new style script that uses the commands
'ctest_configure' and 'ctest_build' and 'ctest_test'.) Maybe somebody
else has time to chime in and give you more details.

Cheers,
David