It appears there are some inconsistencies with specifying different
SOURCE/BUILD when using functions like ctest_configure, ctest_coverage, etc.  I
have tried specifying different binary/source directories but it only seems
like it has been partially implemented.  To verify this, I went into
cmCTestCoverageHandler and confirmed that it was sometimes using the configure
option BinaryDir and sometimes it was using the global(?) variable set with
CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY.  Moreover, when it does use the option specified
version, it fails to use the correct {stage}.xml file for the results.  To make
my system work I had to switch the global BinaryDir to the appropriate one for
the subproject and then switch it back before calling ctest_submit.  I can post
the ctest script that does this if necessary.
System: linux x86-64 RHEL