Hi everyone,

What is the intended use for CMAKE_<lang>_STANDARD_LIBRARIES? Is there any
reason why it differs in behavior from TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES() ?

I am currently using it in my toolchain files to specify platform required
libraries and been seeing a few issues, leading me to believe that I might
be using it for something it wasn't intended to do:

1) It doesn't work for the xcode generator
2) it just passes options directly to the linking line, instead of doing the
nice processing that is done with TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES() (mostly that I
can't pass a full path to a framework, it instead requires me to manually
specify -framework <name of framework> and be sure that the framework paths
are properly set up)
3) I can't pass it a list, it must be a string without newlines.

Thanks
/Johan