On Mar 31, 2011, at 4:43 PM, Nicolas Desprès wrote:

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 12:22 AM, Belcourt, Kenneth <kbe...@sandia.gov> wrote:
This is probably old news but is there some reason why I can build my code in parallel with make -j8, for example, but trying to run the tests in
parallel with make -j8 tests ignores the -j option.  I've resorted to
invoking ctest with -j8 which works fine. Any way to normalize the behavior so that builds and tests behave the same with respect to the -j option?

AFAIK, you can't.  But I read on this ML that you can do:

make test ARGS='-j8'

Good to know, that will work fine.

Thanks!