Zitat von Raymond Wan <r....@aist.go.jp>:

Hi all,

I'm having a problem which I can't quite figure out how to solve.
Basically, I have C++ source code in two directories, each for a
different class.  Let's say:

src/X
src/Y

Each one makes a different class but ultimately X makes use of Y
(i.e., an instance of Y is a variable within X's definition).
Separating them allows me to test Y independently.

So, Y uses CMake to locate the zlib library and whether or not it is
found is passed to Y's source code via a configuration file.  i.e., I
have:

#cmakedefine ZLIB_FOUND 1

in the configuration file which is created like this in CMakeLists.txt:

CONFIGURE_FILE (
  "${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR}/Config.hpp.in"
  "${PROJECT_BINARY_DIR}/Config.hpp"
  )
INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES ("${PROJECT_BINARY_DIR}")

I think/hope so far things are ok...  I can compile Y and run it with
no problems.  The problem is that X needs access to this generated
configuration file, too.  At the very least, it needs to know the size
of an instance of Y in order to allocate memory for it.

Did you consider alternatives like giving Y a static function that returns a new instance of Y? That makes your problem void. If this is all within a project that is not going to be separated later, just put the common configuration into the parent directory of both

HS