On Tuesday 05 July 2011, Laszlo Papp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build a package in scratchbox on Harmattan, but I am
> having a small issue in the installation step (The compilation and
> build went just fine). Everything worked just fine previously on MeeGo
> and desktop system. This is the first place where I have such an
> issue.

Which version of cmake is this ?
Is this 2.8.5rcX or trunk ?
Then it might be the new multiarch support feature maybe.

> We have some our own internal cmake module files  that we would like
> to install.

Uh.
The part where you install *.cmake files into ${CMAKE_ROOT}/Modules/ is really
bad. Remove it. You should never ever do that.
The user may simply use another version of cmake, then they won't be found, so
you can't rely on them at all in any way.

Beside that, installing FindGluon.cmake files along with the package Gluon
does not make sense.
So most of that part should be removed too.

FindGluon.cmake is supposed to be there, so you can rely on it and it will
tell you where Gluon is installed or if it's not installed.
It's like putting a treasure map just next to the treasure.
Once you find the map (or FindGluon.cmake), you already found the treaure
(Gluon) itself, no need to search for it anymore.

Instead Gluon should install a GluonConfig.cmake file.
An example can be found here:
https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdeexamples/repository/revisions/master/show/buildsystem
docs are here:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake/Tutorials#CMake_Packages

> This is the relevant CMakeLists.txt entry of our build
> system:
> https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/games/gluon/repository/revisio
> ns/master/entry/CMakeLists.txt#L172
>
> When I am trying to find the the FindOpenGLES2.cmake file for instance
> in our debian folder, it is like
> "/debian/tmp/targets/maemo6-armv7/usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindOpenGLES2
> .cmake" instead of
> "/debian/tmp/usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindOpenGLES2.cmake".
>
> It somehow picks up the target. I am not sure whether or not it is
> expected, but the other file installations do not pick this
> targets/maemo6-armv7 folder up. Am I doing something wrong in our
> CMakeLists.txt file or is it the expected location and for non cmake
> files the expected location is "/debian/tmp/usr/..." ?
>
> As a simple and novice user, I would expect it should be the same in
> all case. Any help is welcome, thank you in advance! =)

Alex