Hi all,

Replies requested. Short replies only. Read on. Just a short reply with bug
numbers or links to the bugs is all we need here. Please move specific
discussions into the bugs themselves or start a new thread to talk about
it... Replies on this thread should just be a collector for bug numbers.

Example one-line reply:

We are planning for CMake 2.8.6 already, and it's going to be a compressed
release cycle this time around. We're targeting Sept. 14, 2011 for releasing
it, and in order to make that happen we'll have to do an "rc1" as early as
Aug 10th or 17th... just 2 or 3 weeks from now.

Since we released CMake 2.8.5 less than three weeks ago, we now need to
prioritize bug fixes for the next release of CMake. And we probably only
have time to get a few handfuls of them addressed.

If you have a particular issue that you think should be fixed for inclusion
in 2.8.6, please bring it up by Wed. Aug 3 at the latest. Ideally, each
issue will be discussed as needed on the mailing list to come to any
consensus about what should be done to fix it, and then an entry in the bug
tracker may be used to keep it on the radar screen, and to track activity
related to it.

Patches are always welcome. Patches that include testing of any new
features, or tests that prove a bug is really fixed on the dashboards,
basically any patch with testing is preferred over a patch with no testing.
Also, if you are *adding* code, then you also probably need to add *tests*
of that code, so that the coverage percentage stays as is or rises.

Please discuss issues here as needed, and add notes to existing issues in
the bug tracker that you are interested in seeing fixed for 2.8.6 -- we will
be looking at the mailing list and activity in the bug tracker to help
prioritize the bug fixes that will occur over the next few weeks.

Thanks,
David Cole
Kitware, Inc.

P.S. - as a nice summary of what we accomplished in the CMake 2.8.5 release,
including contributions from 33 individuals around the world, see here:
http://public.kitware.com/Bug/changelog_page.php?version_id=84 -- it
currently lists 80 issues that we resolved: nice job, everybody!

(Many of those were specifically addressed because somebody brought it up in
response to my similar email from just after 2.8.4... Don't be shy!)