We do much the same but use a batch file called
startDevStudio.vs2010.cmake.bat like this in the top level:

@echo off

if not exist build\cmake mkdir build\cmake
cd build\cmake
cmake -G "Visual Studio 10" ..\..\
IF ERRORLEVEL 1 (
        echo.
        echo CMake configure failed
        echo.
        pause
        exit 1
)
start "title" your_project_name.sln

Using a batch file makes it mostly painless to quit and relaunch Visual
Studio.