On Sep 17, 2011 2:12 PM, "Eric Noulard" <eric.noul...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2011/9/17 Kishore Jonnalagadda <kitts.mailingli...@gmail.com>:
> > In my project I am using the default component for all binaries and a
"dev"
> > component for headers.
> >
> > But when I create packages, it creates one called "Unspecified" and
another
> > called dev. How do I rename the unspecified component to be nameless?
> >
> > Something like myproj.deb and myproj-dev.deb?
>
> In fact I think currently you can't.
> or may be yo can try
>  set(CPACK_COMPONENT_UNSPECIFIED_DISPLAY_NAME "")
> which is not supposed to work but may be it will.
>
> I'll think about it a little there may be other way to do what you want.

I'll try that soon. I'm not near my pc at the moment.

Alternatively, is there a way to set the package name per component? I'm
thinking of how a typical debian package is split.
1. proj.deb
2. libproj.deb if the application provides libraries that can be used
outside the app
3. proj-dev.deb
4. proj-data.deb

... And if it can be supported.