On 11/14/2011 3:24 PM, Alan W. Irwin wrote:

If you are willing to make such an OCaml summary, I would be willing
to do the same thing for Ada to make our joint case to the CMake
developers of what kind of additional generic language support is
needed by CMake to deal with the complicated build needs of languages
such as OCaml and Ada (and Fortran 95) in a completely generic way.

There is no case to make, I would love to improve the general language support. However, either you find someone to develop this for you, or you find someone willing to pay someone to develop it. That is really how open source works. Creating a generic way to add new languages that will work on all platforms is a pretty huge task, and will require some serious funding, or someone with lots of free time and skill.

The custom commands are the best way to do this in CMake today, and likely in the near future. Basically, they can be used to do just about anything ( I have seen latex, and all sorts of other things done with custom commands.)

-Bill