2011/12/11 Ilias Miroslav <miroslav.il...@umb.sk>:
> Dear all,
>
> is there an easy way of printing out content of the linking file
>
>  CMakeFiles/<TARGET>.dir/link.txt
>
> as a simple command in the CMakeLists.txt file ?
>
> Usually we do cat .../link.txt after the cmake-configuration but we would
> prefer some more elegant form within the "message(...)" commad.

You can read the content of any file using
file(READ your-file YOURVAR)  cmake command
then use
message("Your-file=${YOURVAR}") to display it,
that said I don't **when** the link.txt file is getting generated so
that I don't
if it'll work from within CMakeLists.txt.

Why do you want to do that?

if you are using Makefile generator then may be

make VERBOSE=1 <target>

would be enough?

--
Erk