Don't know about 2010 Express, but IIRC there were problems (at least in
previous VS versions) with compiling code with a lot of templates (like
spirit, xpressive or MPL from boost). So compiler asks to increase heap
size.

Anyways, in our projects I always reset CMake's default compile flags: this
is essential during migration from plain projects but proves useful anyways.