Hello Eric,

thank you for your suggestions and support

I am going to try to detail more what I did:

- Install CMake on Program Files/CMake 2.8/bin
- Install CodeBlocks with its windows installer at the same time he asks if we want the gcc compiler I said ok
and he installed MinGW in Program Files/CodeBlocks/MinGW
- as you suggested he didn't set the path variable so now the path variable are:
C:\Program Files\CMake 2.8\bin;C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW;
- I created a codeblock printhello project named pCMake

then at this step I didn't know what to do exactly:

First Attempt:
I put a CMakeLists.txt file in the codeblocks "Others" folders with the file containing:
cmake_minimum_required(2.8)
project(pCMake)
add_executable(pCMake main.cpp)

and in the Project Properties/Project Settings : I set :
Makefile:CMakeLists and check "This is a custom MakeFile"

I run a build and get the Result:
Running command: make.exe -f CMakeLists Debug
Execution of 'make.exe -f CMakeLists Debug' in 'C:\pCMake' failed.

Second Attempt:
use CMake cmake-gui interface
where is the source code:C:\pCMake
where to buid the binaries:C:\pCMake

I push the button: Generate
specify the generator for this project:
select in the combo :CodeBlocks-MinGW MakeFiles
check Use Default native compilers

result:
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:1 (cmake_minimum_required):

cmake_minimum_required called with unknown argument "2.8".

CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to "MinGW Makefiles". CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set. You probably need to select a different build tool.

thanks again if you can suggest something
pascal