On 02/22/2012 09:18 PM, Michael Hertling wrote:
On 02/22/2012 06:56 PM, Andrea Crotti wrote:
On 02/22/2012 05:32 PM, Andrea Crotti wrote:
Ah that's nice thanks, I'm not sure though that I can rely on being>=
2.8 always,
and that's probably a requirement, right?

I tried what you suggested and with this:
add_custom_target(dev_no_run
    COMMAND ${PYTHON_EXECUTABLE} ${DEV_MAIN} -w ${WORKSPACE}
${APPLICATION} --develop_only -l info
    COMMAND ${PYTHON_EXECUTABLE} \${SCRIPT}
    )

I get this in the Makefile:

CMakeFiles/dev_no_run:
      /usr/bin/python
/home/andrea/git_projs/PSI_Hamburg/utils/utils/bin/dev_main.py -w
/home/andrea/git_projs
/home/andrea/git_projs/Minimum_Drag/airbus.application.minimum_drag
--develop_only -l info
      /usr/bin/python ${SCRIPT}

which is probably not what I want, because for a Makefile it should be
$(SCRIPT), right?
In Makefiles, $(SCRIPT) and ${SCRIPT} are equivalent, see [1]. However,
parentheses can have a special meaning w.r.t. a library's object files,
and $() is primarily associated with the shell's command substitution.
Thus, I personally prefer ${} for dereferencing macros in Makefiles
since it's quite unambiguous.

Regards,

Michael

Ah good thanks, I have to check what happened then tomorrow because it didn't
work properly anyway...
And another thing, is it actually \${SCRIPT} a portable solution that works on all the generators?