On 2/23/2012 2:40 PM, Kenneth Boyd wrote:
On 2/23/2012 1:46 PM, Bill Hoffman wrote:
A patch that found different make.exe or make-mingw and then tested them would not be rejected. I still don't see how we can avoid having separate generators for MinGW and Msys, and I certainly don't think a third one would help reduce confusion.
I'm assuming that the Msys generator is intended for the results of the MSYS installer *.exe .
David Cole has confirmed what I expected: that the MSYS generator is passing its tests currently ( http://open.cdash.org/buildSummary.php?buildid=2032185 ). That expectation is why I was considering a third generator.

As such, I'd prefer to assume the current MSYS generator is known-good for that case. ...
Kenneth