Hi,

you could set Boost_DEBUG and Boost_DETAILED_FAILURE_MSG to true and have a look at the messages.

I hope, this helps you.

Andreas

Am 12.04.2012 11:06, schrieb Joeri Friederich:
Hi

Im trying to build PCL (Point cloud library) files using Cmake.
It needs a bunch if dependencies one of which is boost.
It finds all other dependencies without a hitch but it gives this error for boost:

The following Boost libraries could not be found:
boost_system
boost_filesystem
boost_thread
boost_date_time
boost_iostreams
I have been trying to fix  this for 2 days now.

What I did:
I build my own libraries with boost.build using the following commands:
>b2
>toolset=gcc
>--build-dir=C:\boost
>--build-type=complete
This build the library successfully.

Adding the files (libboost_thread-mgw46-mt-1_49.dll)  etc to the lib folder in my boost installation doesn't allow cmake to find them though.
It does however find the include directory without a hitch.
Even manually linking Cmake  to the (correct) libraries doesn't allow it to find them.

How do I get cmake to find these lib's?

Also:
boost_thread doesnt exist on my computer but "libboost_thread-mgw46-mt-1_49.dll" and 20 different versions of it with different letters at mt do.
is there a way that I can see what file Cmake is looking for exactly?

Version etc:
Cmake:2.8.7
Cmake generator: Mingw makefiles
Compiler: GCC.