On 5/11/2012 5:30 PM, Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin wrote:
Hi Eric,

In our different projects, we use an approach similar to this one:

# Set a default build type if none was specified
if(NOT CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE AND NOT CMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES)
   message(STATUS "Setting build type to 'Debug' as none was specified.")
   set(CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE Debug CACHE STRING "Choose the type of build." FORCE)
   # Set the possible values of build type for cmake-gui
   set_property(CACHE CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE PROPERTY STRINGS "Debug" "Release"
     "MinSizeRel" "RelWithDebInfo")
endif()

See http://vtk.org/gitweb?p=VTK.git;a=blob;f=CMakeLists.txt;h=a57fd66ef333fc26bf74fe658c88c3c634f54c3a;hb=HEAD#l12

Hth