Greetings

I have   a  bash script (from an auto-tools Makefile )   to translate   to
cmake

My 'translation might  go something like thios

execute_process(COMMAND ${some_command}  '2>&1'
                INPUT_FILE        ${someFile2}
                OUTPUT_FILE        /dev/null
                WORKING_DIRECTORY ${some_dir} )

I am unconfortable with the '2>&1'  and I tried  reading up on

file(WRITE ) and
file(APPEND )

but I am unsure how to proceed; for example how to use cmake -P  or cmake --
build  or using /dev/std* device files

test [ ~ ]$ ls /dev/std*
/dev/stderr  /dev/stdin  /dev/stdout
test [ ~ ]$