On Fri, 8 Feb 2013 09:22:12 -0800, Ed said:

>Here is what I tried:
>cmake -DCMAKE_OSX_64=ON -DCMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.6 -
>DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=/usr/bin/gcc -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=/usr/bin/g++ ..

I've never heard of "CMAKE_OSX_64" and google has only 7 results...

>It built fine and runs on 10.7.5 but does not run on 10.6.  10.6 barfs
>with usual message saying this app was not built for this architecture.

If the error message speaks of architecture, then you've probably built as 64
bit-only or 32 bit-only.  Are you trying to run on a machine with 32 bit CPU?
In any case, try setting CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES to "i386;X86_64" to generate a
'universal binary'.

>Do you suppose it could not find what it needs to build the 10.6 64 bit
>binaries?  Would it give some kind of error message if it could not find
>the 10.6 SDK?
>Do I have to tell it were to find the 10.6 SDK?

Generally, you don't need to use the 10.6 SDK to deploy to 10.6.  That's what
the deployment target is for.  This has been discussed many times on may lists.
 ex:
<http://www.clarkcox.com/blog/2009/06/23/sdks-and-deployment-targets/>

>So many questions, and no answers on the cmake Website.

Well, these are perhaps more OS X questions... you'd have many of the same
issues using Xcode directly.

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 s...@rogue-research.com