You tell the difference between debug & release by the naming of the library
itself. All the debug libraries have a "_D" in them or some such thing like
that.

For the Static/Dynamic there is a #define in one of the HDF5 headers (if built
with CMake) that says how it was built. My own "FindHDF5" does a try/compile
for that #define to determine which libraries should be linked against and
possibly included in deployments.

Mike Jackson                    Principal Software Engineer
BlueQuartz Software                            Dayton, Ohio
mike.jack...@bluequartz.net              www.bluequartz.net