We have a project where multiple modules rely on ITK. Most modules have been
upgraded to ITK 4.31, but one still relies on ITK 3.20 and it would take a
significant effort to upgrade it. In the meantime, is there a way for us to
keep these modules under a single top-level CMake and have them use their
respective versions of ITK?

We thought we could just try to overwrite the ITK_DIR variable in the
appropriate place, but our first naive implementation of this did not work.

Just wondering if someone has done this and whether it is possible (before
we dive deeper).

Thanks!