On 2014-01-31 02:01, Rob McDonald wrote:
I'm interested in adding a code beautifier to my project.  I'm looking at
AStyle, but am open to others.

Implementing a FindAStyle.cmake is pretty trivial.  Likewise, implementing
custom targets is pretty straightforward in the simple case.

However, I thought there might be some canonical/idiomatic examples of this
sort of thing.  Any pointers to projects that do this particularly well?
  Are there any other code beautifiers that already have CMake support?

By "CMake support", do you mean that can beautify CMake script? Or that have an existing find module? (For a program like this I'm not sure I'd bother with a find module; often, find_program is all you really need.)

As far as recommended C/C++ beautifiers, these days you might want to look at clang-format... parsing C++ is getting harder and harder with C++11 and later; as such it stands to reason that a tool that is backed by a well maintained, full-blown C++ parser is likely to be beneficial.

I do use astyle for some of my own projects, but I've found that I have to do a non-trivial amount of additional pre- and post-processing to get good results.

--
Matthew