On 3/5/2014 3:19 AM, Kevin Funk wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 5. März 2014, 00:29:55 schrieb Edward Diener:
When trying to build llvm/clang on Windows using cmake I execute from a
build directory I created:

cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -G "MinGW Makefiles" ..\llvm

only to receive:

CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to
"MinGW Makefiles".  CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set.  You probably need to
select a different build tool.
CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to
"MinGW Makefiles".  CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set.  You probably need to
select a different build tool.
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may
be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_C_COMPILER_ENV_VAR
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may
be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_C_COMPILER
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:
C:/Programming/VersionControl/bmw64_clang/CMakeFiles/2.8.12.1/CMakeCCompiler
.cmake CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake
may be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ENV_VAR
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may
be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:
C:/Programming/VersionControl/bmw64_clang/CMakeFiles/2.8.12.1/CMakeCXXCompil
er.cmake CMake Error: CMAKE_C_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage
CMake Error: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage
See also
"C:/Programming/VersionControl/bmw64_clang/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also
"C:/Programming/VersionControl/bmw64_clang/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".

I am using cmake 2.8.12.1. The doc says that "MinGW Makefiles" is a
valid build type.

Why is cmake looking for and why is i failing ?

If I use "Ninja" as the build type cmake works fine.

Hey,

First hit on Google:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6141608/cmake-make-program-not-found

CMake doesn't seem to find 'make.exe' from the MinGW installation. Make sure
it is in your %PATH%.

MingW does not have a "make.exe" at all. What actual program is cmake looking for when "MinGW Makefiles" is specified ?

Cheers