From:  Chad Balen <cba...@ualberta.ca>
Date:  Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 3:56 PM
To:  Mushly McMushmaster <norman-k-willi...@uiowa.edu>
Cc:  CMake Users <cmake@cmake.org>
Subject:  Re: [CMake] ExternalPackage_Add with Non-CMake project that runs
differently then equivalent shell script

Hi Norman,

I used your CMakeLists script and I tried adding VERBOSE=1 likeso:

BUILD_COMMAND ${CMAKE_BUILD_TOOL} VERBOSE=1

But I still get the same error (I also tried adding VERBOSE to the end of
the CONFIGURE_COMMAND and INSTALL_COMMAND but same thing). Maybe it's
worth noting in terminal the VERBOSE command resulted in this also being
printed throughout the make process:

Dependee
"/Build/Metis/src/Metis/build/Linux-x86_64/libmetis/CMakeFiles/metis.dir/De
pendInfo.cmake" is newer than depender
"/Build/Metis/src/Metis/build/Linux-x86_64/libmetis/CMakeFiles/metis.dir/de
pend.internal".
Dependee
"/Build/Metis/src/Metis/build/Linux-x86_64/libmetis/CMakeFiles/CMakeDirecto
ryInformation.cmake" is newer than depender
"/Build/Metis/src/Metis/build/Linux-x86_64/libmetis/CMakeFiles/metis.dir/de
pend.internal".

Anyways I then went set CMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE to ON likeso:

SET(CMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE ON)
ExternalProject_Add(Metis ...

and then it told me: make[4]: *** No rule to make target `w'

where it used to say target 's'. Did I not use VERBOSE correctly? If I did
use it correctly then your solution may be machine dependent then.
Interestingly, if I jump from config to make install likeso:

CONFIGURE_COMMAND ${CMAKE_BUILD_TOOL} config shared=1
prefix=${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/Metis

BUILD_COMMAND ${CMAKE_BUILD_TOOL} install

it will then give the same error but AFTER it installs Metis. Is there by
any chance a way to make CMake ignore this error and continue running?
That way I wouldn't have to wait for a fix to this bug.

Thanks for the help,
Chad

--

Chad Balen, E.I.T.

Energy Systems Design Laboratory,

3-23 Mechanical Engineering Building,

University of Alberta,
Edmonton, AB

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 12:16 PM, Williams, Norman K