I have just started using a new Windows 7 host with Visual Studio 2010
Professional. When I call CMake to generate my project files, I get the
following output in CMakeError.log:

==========================
Determining if the C compiler works failed with the following output:
Change Dir: C:/________________________/__________/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build Command:C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe
cmTryCompileExec.vcxproj /p:Configuration=Debug
Microsoft (R) Build Engine version 4.0.30319.17929
[Microsoft .NET Framework, version 4.0.30319.18034]

Build started 1/6/2015 6:15:19 PM.
Project
"C:\________________________\__________\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\cmTryCompileExec.vcxproj"
 on node 1 (default targets).
InitializeBuildStatus:
  Creating "cmTryCompileExec.dir\Debug\cmTryCompileExec.unsuccessfulbuild"
because "AlwaysCreate" was specified.
ClCompile:
  C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin\CL.exe /c /Zi
/nologo /W3 /WX- /Od /Ob0 /Oy- /D WIN32 /D _WINDOWS /D _DEBUG /D
"CMAKE_INTDIR=\"Debug\"" /D _MBCS /Gm- /RTC1 /MDd /GS /fp:precise /Zc:wchar_t
/Zc:forScope /Fo"cmTryCompileExec.dir\Debug\\"
/Fd"C:/________________________/__________/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/Debug/cmTryCompileExec.pdb"
 /Gd /TC /analyze- /errorReport:queue testCCompiler.c  /Zm1000
TRACKER : error TRK0002: Failed to execute command: ""C:\Program Files
(x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin\CL.exe"
@C:\Users\nnnnnnnnnnnn\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp9db9bf329c554cb8be447cdb72535c4e.rsp".
 The requested operation requires elevation.
[C:\________________________\__________\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\cmTryCompileExec.vcxproj]

Done Building Project
"C:\________________________\__________\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\cmTryCompileExec.vcxproj"
 (default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"C:\________________________\__________\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\cmTryCompileExec.vcxproj"
 (default target) (1) ->
(ClCompile target) ->
  TRACKER : error TRK0002: Failed to execute command: ""C:\Program Files
(x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin\CL.exe"
@C:\Users\nnnnnnnnnnnn\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp9db9bf329c554cb8be447cdb72535c4e.rsp".
 The requested operation requires elevation.
[C:\________________________\__________\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\cmTryCompileExec.vcxproj]

    0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:00.10
==========================

The only thing I've changed in the output text is I replaced some user-specific
directory names with underscores or "nnnnnnnnnnnn".

This project previously built just fine on Windows XP. Moreover, my coworker,
who as far as we can tell set up his Windows 7 host the same way I did (modulo
some things that shouldn't matter, such as I have a copy of Emacs and he
doesn't), is able to build the same project files without error.

It may be noteworthy that after this failure, the file
CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\cmTryCompileExec.vcxproj does not exist, and there are no
files whatsoever in CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\cmTryCompileExec.dir\Debug.

I have been trying all kinds of suggestions I have found by looking up the
message "The requested operation requires elevation." I have tried setting
ownership of the directories (it turns out I owned them all along), I have
tried setting access rights (already set to full access), I tried turning off
UAC, and I even tried repairing the installation of Visual Studio 2010. None of
it made any difference.

I've found some Web sites where some people have complained of problems when
they had installed Visual Studio 2012 and tried to use Visual Studio 2010. But
Visual Studio 2010 is the only version that has been installed on this host.

This has had me dead in the water for at least a day, unable to make any
progress on my actual project. Does anyone have any ideas about where to even
begin to look for solutions I haven't already tried?

David