Hello everybody,

I would like to use cpack (2.8.7) in order to build a debian installer for a c++ library that has a few dependencies namely:

    - boost (headers + libraries)
    - fftw3-3
    - eigen3
    - hdf5
    - tiff

I would like to set my cpack file in such a way that the minimum version required for boost is the 1.54. So I introduced in my cmake/cpack file the following command according to my understanding of CPACK documentation.

    set(BOOST_MIN_VERSION 1.54)
    string(REPLACE "," ", " CPACK_DEBIAN_PACKAGE_DEPENDS
    "libboost-all-dev (>= ${BOOST_MIN_VERSION}),"
    "libeigen3-dev,"
    "libfftw3-3,"
    "libtiff4-dev,"
    "libhdf5-serial-dev,")

Once my debian file is created, I get the following error when launching it with gdebi (but also with dpkg):

##########################
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Building data structures... Done
Building data structures... Done
This package is uninstallable
Dependency is not satisfiable: libboost-all-dev (>= 1.54)

However, boost is actually installed on my machine (version 1.55.0). Did I misunderstand something in the way to declare that
we need a minimum version for a given library ?

thanks for your help

Eric