Hi,

I'm trying to get Apple's new shading language, Metal, to work with my CMake
project, but I am not having any luck.

Xcode will automagically compile .metal files that are part of the project, but
their Type (in the File Inspector in the right-hand Utilities pane) has to be
set to "Default - Metal Shader Source File."

When I add .metal files via CMake they are a) not listed in the project's
Compile Sources list (in the Target's Build Phases tab), and b) their Type is
set to "Source File". A) can be solved by adding source file properties (e.g.
compile flags) to the .metal file in CMake, but I haven't been able to change
the Type of the .metal files through CMake.

I have seen a commit log  [0] about "Add[ing] file type for Metal shader
files," but that change doesn't seem to have made it to the released CMake
version yet.

My questions:
1) Is there anything I can do right now (with CMake 3.2.2.) that would make
Xcode handle .metal files correctly?
2) Are there plans to support .metal files via CMake and if so, how far along
are they?

Thanks,

[0] http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake-commits/2015-April/022952.html
--