> I have been trying to compile the Allegro library (http://liballeg.org/) on
> Windows 64-bit using Visual Studio 2015.
> I am running into a problem where CMake 3.3.2 doesn't correctly locate the
> 64-bit version of gdiplus.lib.
>
> I've got a minimal example:
> ====
> cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.3)
> find_library(GDIP gdiplus)
> ----
> I am using the -A x64 flag to CMake to select a 64 bit build, but CMake
> still finds the 32-bit library in C:/Program Files (x86)/Windows
> Kits/8.1/Lib/winv6.3/um/x86/gdiplus.lib rather than the 64 bit version in
> C:/Program Files (x86)/Windows Kits/8.1/Lib/winv6.3/um/x64/gdiplus.lib
>
> I believe the path patterns that find_library uses do not match the paths
> that Microsoft has chosen to put the files into - for example if it was
> C:/Program Files (x86)/Windows Kits/8.1/winv6.3/um/Lib/x64/gdiplus.lib it
> could be made to work.
>
> Is there a way to get around this?

One idea, how I've created workaround it for odbc lib:

Remove find_library(GDIPLUS_LIBRARY NAMES libgdiplus gdiplus)
from here
https://github.com/liballeg/allegro5/blob/5.1/cmake/FindGDIPLUS.cmake#L20

And
set(GDIPLUS_LIBRARY gdiplus)
or another proper name.

Visual studio will pick it from proper path depending on target x86 or x86_64.

> Thanks,
> Peter
>

> (also posted on stackoverflow,
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33124745/cmake-finding-32bit-gdi-on-64-bit-platform)