Hi Igor,

At this point it's really not a CMake question, but a GNU Make one... The
answer is actually right there in the first warning that you got.

make[4]: warning: jobserver unavailable: using -j1.  Add `+' to parent make
rule.

I have to admit that I'm not absolutely sure about all the subtleties of this,
but I defined my own build rules in the past that call make themselves, like:

core::
        +(cd core; make)

With this, GNU Make is able to distribute the jobs between the subdirectories.
(I have a number of such targets in my main Makefile.)

Cheers,
              Attila