Thanks for your work on this,

I hope this can get into the main codebase soon. Currently we use internal
productbuild and pkgbuild scripts from our pre-cmake days.
Reading through your patch now I have some feedback:

1. Package ID:
The pkgid for pkgbuild can often be something other than
"com.CPACK_PACKAGE_VENDOR.CPACK_PACKAGE_NAME.component->Name". It might be
useful to introduce a new variable "CPACK_PRODUCTBUILD_<component>_PKGID" which
could override the default behaviour if desired.

2. Pkgbuild Install Location:
>From man:
"--install-location install-path
Specify the default install location for the contents of the package. For
example, if you specify a single application component, you might specify an
install-path of /Applications. pkgbuild attempts to infer a sensible install
path if this option is not used, but it may not choose correctly. Note that
whether or not the default install location is actually used by the OS X
Installer depends on the distribution file you deploy with the package."

Is there any reason why you are not using the default behaviour? We have always
used it previously and it would seem to be better than defining "/".

3. Pkgbuild Version:
"--version" in pkgbuild command line could be set to "CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION" to
allow normal version checking.

4. Productbuild Version:
"--version" in productbuild command line could be set to
"CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION" as well.

5. Finding programs:
"// TODO: find pkgbuild and productbuild" could be replaced with
cmSystemTools::FindProgram for the two executables and return error messages if
they are unavailable (which is unlikely).

Harry

Harry Mallon

CODEX | Software Engineer

60 Poland Street | London | England | W1F 7NT

E ha...@codexdigital.com<mailto:ha...@codexdigital.com> | T +44 203 7000
989<callto:+44%20203%207000%20989>

Website<www.codexdigital.com> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/codexdigital>

[http://www.codexdigital.com/?action=asset&id=E55D8A6F-AF62-4978-8FF1-435A85AFADBF]<http://www.codexdigital.com>