[Re-sending in text-form]

Hi,

I'm failing to be able to use "run-only-in-release" tests when running under
linux (Debian).   Below is a short reproduction.

CmakeLists.txt
=============
cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.0)

enable_testing()
add_test(NAME list-stuff
  CONFIGURATIONS Release
  COMMAND ls)
=============

My understanding is that test will run only when the "configuration" is
release.  I am guessing that for the single-configuration Makefile generator,
this is true when CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release.  Correct?  Doesn't work for me:

Run Script
==========
steve@riemann{build}rm -rf *
steve@riemann{build}cmake --version
cmake version 3.6.2

CMake suite maintained and supported by Kitware (kitware.com/cmake).
steve@riemann{build}cmake -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ..
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting C compile features
-- Detecting C compile features - done
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compile features
-- Detecting CXX compile features - done
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/steve/src/test/cmake/build
steve@riemann{build}make
steve@riemann{build}make test
Running tests...
Test project /home/steve/src/test/cmake/build
No tests were found!!!
steve@riemann{build}

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks!
-Steve

P.S.  After writing this, I discovered that "ctest -C Release" will run the
tests as desired.  Why doesn't simple "make test" work?