On 09/30/2016 08:43 AM, Roman Wüger wrote:

Hello,

I want to customize some with CPack  generated *.wxs files.

For example: directories.wxs is generated with only the TARGET_DIR.

TARGETDIR (no underscore) is always the one and only root-directory element [1].

How can I add an additional directory in this file and use the newly added
directory in the components (features.wxs)?

I read about CPACK_WIX_PATCH_FILE. Maybe it is possible to do so with it, but
if so how?

CPACK_WIX_PATCH_FILE can be used to add XML content to (some) existing elements.
It can not be used to reorder or remove existing elements and can not be used
to modify the attributes of existing elements.

Nils

[1] https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa372064(v=vs.85).aspx