On 2016-10-12 15:28, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:

In my cmake project I need to use system version of libxml2 on macOS
(/usr/lib/libxml2.dylib), however in case it is installed in MacPorts
the latter version is picked by find_package. On the other hand I'd
like to avoid hardcoding absolute path, just in case Apple changes
some path or file name in future OS version.

I've tried

find_package(LibXml2 2.8.0 REQUIRED PATHS "/usr" NO_DEFAULT_PATH)

however it fails to find anything at all. Any ideas?

  find_package(LibXml2 2.8.0 REQUIRED)

and then use CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH to define the search locations (in your
environment or on the command-line; not in the script).  If you
hardcode paths in the script, you make it break on other systems.
That might not be a consideration in this case, but the less
assumptions you make, the more flexible it will be.