You are right!

The documentation quick search for the "make_directory" keyword does not
find the cmake executable documentation (i.e. the make_directory
command-line tool), only the script command. That tripped me up.
If you manually go to the cmake executable documentation (
https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.6/manual/cmake.1.html), you'll find that
"cmake.exe -E make_directory..." is indeed still up to date

Thanks Iosif! Cheers,
Paulo