On 2016-10-16 13:43-0700 Alan W. Irwin wrote:

To move to a related topic, the above URL has a tutorial example for
the recommended support method which builds the helloworld target from
main.cpp.  It would be nice for Qt5 users to learn from that tutorial
example by building it themselves, but that example is incomplete
since no main.cpp (presumably Qt5-related) is provided (as far as I
can discover).  Any chance you could provide that simple example for
developers like me who don't have a lot of Qt5 or C++ expertise but
who just want to build other's Qt5-related work using the best
CMake-related methods?

Hi Stephen:

Further to this particular subtopic, a google search found me several
qt hello world examples.  The most prominent one does not work (it
uses an ancient method which is no longer supported by Qt!), but
I found that the one in <https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_for_Beginners> does work
perfectly with the tutorial Qt5 cmake example.  So I request you
make that hello world routine (or something closely related) available
at <http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/cmake-manual.html> to make that tutorial
more self-contained.

That said, there are no issues with setting macros in this simple
hello world case so it doesn't help with the principal issue covered
in my e-mail where I cannot seem to set the macros needed for automoc
to work properly.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

Linux-powered Science