Changing the subject line, since it is a great idea to use cmake.

Can I put that in my CMakeLists.txt?
Or would it be used on the command line when running cmake:

>Cmake –DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=cmake/toolchain.cmake –sysroot

I just tried it, and am still getting the error from make output.  If I put the
linux/socket.h or sys/socket.h at the top of the #includes, I get the issues
with variables already being defined, but don’t have get them when I put the
#include for socket.h lower in the #include list:
For instance:

#include <cstdlib>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <cstring>
#include <sys/time.h>
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/stat.h>

#include <arpa/inet.h>
#include <netdb.h>
#include <netinet/in.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <pthread.h>
#include <assert.h>
#include <errno.h>
#include <iostream>

#include <sys/socket.h>  // i tried linux/socket.h and get some other errors,
so I am confused.
#include <pthread.h>
#include <net/if.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <net/if.h>
#include <fcntl.h>
#include <sys/ioctl.h>
#include <assert.h>
#include <linux/can.h>
#include <linux/can/raw.h>

This is the output?

error: 'PF_CAN' was not declared in this scope
error: 'AF_CAN' was not declared in this scope

That’s it..nothing else.

Walter