Thanks for the additional pointers Chuck! I am aware that it is preferred
practice to pass the actual compilers rather than the wrappers as FC etc.
but per Brad's advice I think Damian had setup the OpenCoarrays CMake build
system to accept FC=mpif90 etc. and I'm in the process of migrating to the
more normal FC=gfortran etc. approach but I don't want users who use the
old method to get caught out. I'll try setting MPI_{C,etc.}_COMPILER
(rather than MPI_HOME) before calling `find_package(MPI)` and see if that
works as well as setting MPI_HOME does.

Thanks for the tips!