From: CMake [mailto:cmake-boun...@cmake.org] On Behalf Of Chris Johnson
Sent: 27 December 2016 23:27
To: cmake@cmake.org
Subject: [CMake] Install destination problem

In all of my CMakeLists.txt files, I include a settings file, like so:

include(global_settings.cmake)

Inside global_settings.cmake, I have a line like this:

set( CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/install )

When I run "make install" on my development system, the files are correctly
installed where I expect to find them, in a subdirectory of my build directory
named "install".

But when I tried to do the same on our production server just now, it tried to
install the binaries into /usr/local/bin.

It's as if $CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX did not get set.

What am I doing wrong?