Hi all,

I am very new to cmake and boost. Sorry if my question is basic thanks for
your help in advance.

I am having trouble linking a project to boost. I am using OSX 10.12.1
I am using clion 2017.1.1

I installed boost on my machine using /bootstrap.sh
--prefix=/usr/local/boost --with-libraries=filesystem,system

I also tried a brew install boost also .

Boost can indeed be found here *usr/local/boost/ *on my machine.

I haven't had much luck getting boost to link properly.

I believe the project uses the filesystem and tuple modules.

I am getting this error

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:557 (ADD_EXECUTABLE):
  Cannot find source file:

    anyExecutable.cpp

>From what I have read I think that if you are using OSX that you have to
use the FIND_PACKAGE command to link things properly. I suspect that the
code below doesn't work because I need to properly place the exact
filesystem location of the executable file created in the add_executable
command.
On a positive note I did get this message
-- Boost version: 1.63.0
-- Found the following Boost libraries:
--   program_options
-- Configuring done

I have tried various versions of these 2 cmakelists scripts below (A) and
(B)

Can anyone point me in the direction of a solution here?

*A) *

FIND_PACKAGE( Boost 1.63.0 COMPONENTS program_options REQUIRED )
INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES( ${Boost_INCLUDE_DIR} )

ADD_EXECUTABLE( anyExecutable anyExecutable.cpp )

TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES( anyExecutable ${Boost_LIBRARIES} )

B)

INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(*usr/local/boost/include/*)

ADD_EXECUTABLE( * anyExecutable myMain.cpp *)

TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES( *anyExecutable usr/local/boost/lib/ *)

Thanks very much for your help .

Yours Sincerely
Sean Wayland

www.seanwayland.com