I am curious to know if it is possible to have a mixed tool chain environment
within a single Visual Studio IDE.

I am playing around with changing up the frontend of an application to use the
Window Universal Binary and XAML but many of the support libraries will not be
converted to the universal binary format.  With C++/CX this is possible to do.
I can create a solution and add the appropriate projects to them, but this does
not seem possible with CMake (or at least I have overlooked it).  With CMake, I
create a project that references the Windows Universal Application toolchain,
but each subsequent adding of a project library assumes it to also be a
universal DLL or static library.

The work around I have created thus far is to just create two solution sets and
build them independently, but it would be great if the two solutions could be
merged into a single IDE for Visual Studio.  Any ideas if this is possible to
do?  Is this something that CMake should provide in its functionality?

Thanks,
Ryan Kawicki