I always compile CMake on Linux but never meet any issues, please make sure
you had installed a complete working Linux development environment, with
g++, libstdc++-devel etc.

The only special thing is just about enabling  GUI with Qt, but that's so
easy, just install the Qt development libraries though apt-get or yum, then
input the parameter from configure, that's all.