On 13.09.2017 12:22, Alain Miniussi wrote:

On 13/09/2017 11:16, Nils Gladitz wrote:
On 13.09.2017 10:52, Alain Miniussi wrote:
Hi,

Is there a way, when printing CMake error, to get the exact location of the CMakeLists.txt ?

For example, right now, when I have:

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:14 (add_executable):

I need to scan all my CMakeLists.txt (~200) to check which one has add_executable at line 14.

CMake includes the (relative to the root source directory) path for me e.g.:
    CMake Error at Source/CMakeLists.txt:4 (add_executable):
Well, it never did for me:
$grep add_executable CMakeLists.txt
$

Alain

Do you have a minimal reproducible example for that behaviour?

e.g. given:

   cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8.0)

    project(Foo NONE)

    file(WRITE foo/CMakeLists.txt "add_executable()")

    add_subdirectory(foo)

I get:

    CMake Error at foo/CMakeLists.txt:1 (add_executable):
      add_executable called with incorrect number of arguments

Even with the oldest CMake version currently available to me (2.8.0).

Nils